A lot of factors play a role in how your skin looks and feels. Some factors — like aging – are hard to control, but others are under our control. We’ve put together this exhaustive list of bad men’s skincare habits that could be holding you back from looking your best. Break these six bad habits and watch your skin go from drab to dynamic.
Editor’s Note: Be sure to visit us on Facebook and Twitter for even more great content.
1. Popping pimples. You’re better off leaving even the most unsightly pimples alone than popping them. Picking at your acne breakouts can create scars if you’re unlucky. Instead of picking at your pimples, use a men’s acne cream with benzoyl peroxide to get rid of pimples in 24-48 hours. If you already have acne scars, read “Get Rid of Men’s Acne Scars” for help.
2. Not getting enough sleep. Undereye bags and other eye-area skin issues are common in people who don’t sleep much. An eye cream for men can help the skin symptoms of a bad night’s sleep, but you need to get to the root of the problem. Read “How Sleep Affects Men’s Health” to find out more about why sleep is so important for your health.
3. Overusing men’s skincare products. More is not necessarily better. You’re wasting valuable men’s skincare product by going above and beyond what’s instructed. You’re also setting yourself up for annoying skin issues. For example, washing your face too much with a men’s face wash can lead to redness and irritation. Check out “Common Men’s Nutrition and Skincare Mistakes” for other big blunders you might be making.
4. Drinking too much alcohol. An occasional drink won’t hurt your skin but throwing back beers every day certainly will. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means it dehydrates you – and your skin. If you have to drink, make sure you drink one glass of water for each alcoholic drink you consume. Also, make sure you use a men’s moisturizer to promote skin elasticity and keep dehydrated skin moisturized. Find out more about alcohol’s effects by reading “How a Hangover Affects Men’s Skin.”
5. Stressing too much. We all have obligations at home, in the office and elsewhere. For some of us, these obligations can sometimes be too much – and it can show on our faces. Stress encourages men’s aging signs like wrinkles and can even cause acne breakouts in men. To combat stress’s effects, always have a men’s anti aging cream and men’s acne cream in your men’s skincare products arsenal.
6. Smoking. You already know that smoking is terrible for your health, causing everything from heart disease to cancer. Well, you can add bad skin to that list of health risks. Smoking promotes free radical damage that can lead to wrinkles and fine lines. While men’s anti aging creams can help reverse some of the damage, you’ll get the best benefits from quitting altogether. Check out “The Ultimate Anti Aging Guide for Men” for more men’s skincare help.