I ordered a smoothie at one of my favorite veggie cafes in Brooklyn, 'Snice, and received my drink in a cup that said it was made entirely from...plants!
Is this even possible? I thought plastic was one of the world's most harmful and synthetic materials in the world! A visit to the Greenware website
explained this new technological phenomenon:
Greenware cups feature:
* Resin derived entirely natural and renewable resource
* Crystal clear for complete product visibility
* Durable material unsusceptible to flavor or odor transfer
* Compostable where managed facilities exist*
* Biopolymer lids create 100% natural package
* Made in America
The Greenware line, which includes cups and food storage containers, comes from packaging materials company Fabri-Kal.